Thursday, May 20, 2010

"I found the troll!"


The other day whilst devouring some tasty ice cream cake, 
my sister decided to relay a story my mom told her. 
I deemed to be blog-worthy. So here you are.

A friend of my mom's has an older Down's Syndrome son who is fairly
high-functioning and can be left alone at times. 
Well, one day she left him at home and called to check up on him. 
They were talking for a minute when he told her that 
he had to hang up to go catch the troll. 
She didn't really think much of it and thought he was just 
playing a fun game to entertain himself.

A little while later she returns home to find him elated! 
He shouted as she entered, "I found the troll! Come see!"
She followed him to his room to find that he had moved
the dresser in front of his closet.
He moved the dresser to open the closet door and what
did he have in there as the "troll"....

A midget. That's right, a midget! This poor, unsuspecting midget
was a Census worker who had happened to knock
on the door while the mom was away to get the household info. 
He was locked up in the closet for about 4 HOURS!!!!


The moral of the story is, don't become a Census worker.




2 comments:

  1. I saw on facebook you have a blog, and I love blogs...so I hope it's okay if I follow yours. This story is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Of course it is ok if you follow mine. :)

    ReplyDelete